I’m back today to talk about how I clean my makeup brushes.
Cleaning my brushes has to be my most hated job! I always let my brushes build up before I clean them rather than just picking a day every week to clean them. Nope that would be to easy! I don’t think I need to tell you why it is so important to clean your brushes on a regular basics.
I clean my brushes a few different ways.
I use my Style Pro to clean my eyeshadow brushes and a solid soap and a cleaning glove for my face brushes. I know I know how high maintenance am I. The reason I do it this way is because I bought the Style Pro and want to get some use out of it. If I were to clean all my brushes with the Style Pro it would end up costing me a small fortune in brush cleaner. I also get great satisfaction from seeing my brushes lather up when washing them.
How I use my Style Pro.
I use MAC brush cleaner with my Style Pro, not the cheapest one out there but as far as I’m concerned it is the best brush cleaner out there. I have tried using shampoo and water in the bowl but I didn’t like it.
The Style Pro is great because your brushes are clean and dry within a minute so great if you need a brush right now or even to use in-between clients. It is super handy being able to clean my brushes and put them away all in the same sitting.
- Add brush cleaner to the bowl, add enough to cover the bristles on the brush
- Choose one of the rubber attachments to fit your brush, the brush should fit tightly. If the brush is loose your brush will fall off while cleaning the brush
- Dip your brush in first to wet the brush
- Switch on the Style Pro and dip your brush in and out of the solution. I count to 30 when doing this
- Life the brush out of the solution and spin dry, I count to five
- Your brush is ready to use
How I hand wash my brushes
I prefer to clean my larger brushes using a cleaning glove and shampoo. I prefer this way because I feel the brushes get a really good deep clean. Just be sure to give your brushes plenty of time to dry. I like to lay them on a clean towel and leave them over night.
For cleaning my brushes, I use a cleaning glove and the Blank Canvas solid soap (Buy here). I’m really enjoying using this at the moment and find it so easy to use. Here is what I do.
- Wet your brush in warm water
- Rub the wet brush into the solid cleaner
- Using the face side of the glove swirl the brush around the different textures of the glove to create a foam
- Rinse the brush, insuring all the soap is gone
- Squeeze any excess water from the brush
- Shape the brush and lay flat on a clean towel
- For some of my brushes I like to use brush guards to help keep the shape
The cleaning glove is one of the best things I have used for cleaning my brushes, I bought this one in my local pharmacy for €9.50 what a bargain. They don’t have a website but here is their Facebook page.
How do you clean your brushes? Do you think the Style Pro is worth the hype?