I am definitely the type of girl who likes to spend an hour or even more sometimes doing my make-up, doing my make-up relaxes me. But let’s be honest I don’t always have the time, especially now I am a mommy. I don’t wear make-up everyday but when I want to look nice but don’t have much time to spare this is what I do.
When it comes to quick make-up it’s all about deciding what area you need to spend the most time on. So for me I concentrate on my skin whereas for others it could be the brows. When doing my make-up in a rush I also limit the number of brushes I use, for this look I used two brushes and a sponge. but I could of easily done my face with one brush and sponge.
Here is what I do for my quick make up look
- I apply CT wonder glow and my primer using my fingers.
- I applied my foundation with a stippling brush then blended it out with a damp sponge. I applied extra foundation to cheeks where I need extra coverage.
- I used a peach colour corrector on the dark areas around my eyes and then applied a concealer. I also applied concealer over any blemishes showing through the foundation.
- I set my foundation with a powder foundation for extra coverage as well as for lasting power throughout the day. I used my damp sponge to apply a light layer.
- I applied bronzer to the usual areas around my face around my hairline, top of my cheek and across my nose. Using the same brush, I also applied my blush and highlight.
- I kept the brows easy by using a tinted brow gel.
- I used a skin coloured paint pot on my eyes and applied a layer of mascara top and bottom.
- To finish off I applied a tinted lip balm.
It took me just under 15 minutes to do my make-up today but really it could have been quicker if I didn’t do so much to my skin. I really like to concentrate on my complexion as this is the area I am most self-conscious about, so by doing this I spend very little time on other areas. My eyes, brows and lips are just the bare minimum. If I had time to spare at the end I would apply eyeshadow to my crease with a fluffy brush to define my crease. Or you could use a coloured cream shadow, cream shadows are such great products to own as they can be applied with your finger and blend really easily as well as being really long lasting.
Products used for this look
MAC Studio Finish concealer NW20
L’Oreal False Lash Sculpt mascara
I would love to hear your favourite products you use for your day to day make-up.