Today I decided to do something completely different to what I would normally wear now (I rocked the green eyeshadow as a teenager!). I am very much a brown and gold shadow girl now, so as you can imagine green eyeshadow is way out of my comfort zone. I used the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette today. I fell in love with the green shadows when I first got the palette. It can be quite hard to work with such bright colours and I must admit I nearly stopped my make-up half ways through it was looking so bad but it came together in the end and I don’t hate it. These shadows are so pigmented that it is important to use a primer, I used a primer and a cream shadow.
Here is how I achieved this look.
- I sprayed my primer water about three times over my face. I then applied my CT Wonder glow all over my face avoiding my under eye.
- I applied my foundation using a flat foundation brush, I then blended it in using a damp sponge.
- I then applied a peach corrector on the dark areas under my eyes and applied my concealer under my eyes and around my nose.
- I powdered under my eyes using a matte highlighting powder with a small duo fibre brush.
- For extra coverage I applied a powder foundation to set my foundation, I used my damp sponge to do this.
- I added a powder contour under my cheek bones, around my hairline and under my jaw bone.
- I added a highlight to the top of my cheekbones and on the tip of my nose.
- I applied my blush on my cheeks and blended up towards the top of my ear.
- For my base I used a primer and a cream eyeshadow.
- Using a fluffy brush, I applied my face powder from my crease up to my brow bone. This makes the blending of the darker colours easier.
- I blended Bitter into my crease and blended up towards by brow bone.
- With my finger I applied Grasshopper all over my lid and blended the edges using Bitter.
- I used a small pencil brush to apply Grasshopper on my lower lash line and blended with a clean fluffy brush.
- To keep the inner corner of my eye bright I applied some more of my face powder.
- I applied a thin line of liquid eyeliner, with no wing.
- I applied black eyeliner to the top and bottom waterline.
- After curling my eye lashes, I applied two good layers of mascara.
- I used a brow pencil and filled in any sparse areas in my brows (my brows are in some serious need of TLC)
- I finished my brows with a brow gel.
- Keeping the lips simple I used a matte lip gloss.
Sleek Blush by 3 palette Sugar 364 (Turbinado)
Urban Decay Vice 4 palette (Bitter and Grasshopper)
L’Oréal False Lash Sculpt mascara
Hope you enjoyed my post