I have had this palette on my wish list for such a long time and for whatever reason I kept putting off buying it. I am so happy that this was a Christmas present this year, I am in love with this palette. The variety of colours in this palette suits me down to the ground. This is such a good all-rounder palette, the only thing it is missing is a black but it does have a super dark brown. You can do so many different looks with this palette anything from a plain and simple eye to a dark smoky eye.
The shadows are really pigmented, super soft with no fallout. The highlight shades come in larger pans which is great as we tend to dip into these shades the most without even realising. Not only are all the shadows named after sweet products but it smells of chocolate! It really does smell good enough to eat. I have super sensitive eyes and was worried the shadows might irritate my eyes with them being scented but thankfully it doesn’t. The packaging is a sturdy tin, it has a mirror on the inside but it has the logo around the edges which leaves the mirror very small, it looks pretty but I would prefer a bigger mirror especially for travel.
For today’s look I used the halo technique, this is the placement of darker shadows on the inner corner and outer corner, with a lighter shade on the inside. I went a little darker than what I normally wear but I really liked it.
Here’s a step by step on how I achieved this look.
Sunday morning is the morning I get to spend time on me! I have a nice long shower, I then like to apply my Charlotte Tilbury face mask while blow drying my hair. I love doing this mask before applying my make up. It leaves my skin feeling super soft. This is the morning I get to spend as much time as I like applying my make-up. Applying make-up really relaxes me….
- For my primer I applied CT wonder glow all over my face with the Benefit POREfessional through the centre of my face, concentrating mostly across my nose and cheeks.
- I applied my foundation with a flat foundation brush and blended it using a damp sponge.
- I applied a peach colour corrector under my eyes and applied a concealer on top, I used the same concealer to cover any blemishes the foundation didn’t cover.
- To set my foundation I used a powder foundation. I needed extra coverage today as my skin has been throwing a very long tantrum this last few months!
- I contoured under my cheekbones around my hair line and under my jawline. I wasn’t going for a major sculpt look today so only lightly contoured.
- I applied my highlighter on the top of my cheek bones, across my brow bone, on the tip of my nose and on my cupid’s bow.
- I applied blush using a small stippling brush on my cheeks blending up towards the top of my ears.
- I started by priming my eyes and applying skin toned cream shadow.
- Using Milk Chocolate and a small crease brush I plotted out the shape of my eyeshadow, this is much easier when planning on using darker shades. Making sure to leave the centre part of the eyelid clear.
- I blended the edges using Salted Caramel.
- Using a small brush, I applied Cherry Cordial over Milk Chocolate and blended lightly so I wouldn’t lose the shape. I kept blending and reapplying until I got the colour I wanted. I blended the top edges up towards my brow bone using Salted Caramel. Again making sure the centre of the eyelid is clear from shadow.
- Using my ring finger I applied Champagne Truffle to the centre of my eye and gently blended it into the darker colour.
- When I stepped back to look at my eyes I wasn’t sure about the Champagne Truffle so I added Strawberry Bon Bon over it.
- I followed the same shadow placement for the lower lash line.
- I applied a gel liner with a small flick.
- I applied a black eyeliner to my top water line and a nude liner on my bottom waterline.
- I applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
- I used an eye brow gel through my brows.
- I outlined my lips with a lip pencil and filled them in.
- I applied my lipstick straight from the bullet. And then I am done!!
Here is as always the long list of products
Make Up Forever HD Foundation N115 (old formulation)
The Balm Mary – Lou Manizer
Wet n Wild Coloricon Chestnut
I have to admit I nearly didn’t post these pictures, my skin today is worse than what it normally is. My pores are larger than normal and my face is really puffy, but I decided to post them because you know what, we all have flaws and we should be proud of our flaws.
Until next time….