Let’s get naked!!
My challenge this week is to use all of my Urban Decay Naked Palettes, so I am starting with my trusty Naked 1 palette. I used my favourite colours from the palette Naked, Half Baked, Smog and a few more. The original naked palette is my favourite from the collection, it is the palette I reach for when I don’t have time to think about what to do! The colours in this palette are all warm tones which personally I prefer with my eye colour.
So let me talk you through my make-up look.
- I started off with the skin, I applied my POREfessional using my fingers across my nose, cheeks and in-between my eyebrows.
- To add some glow to my skin I applied CT wonder glow onto my whole face again using my fingers.
- I applied Urban Decay primer potion on my eyelid, under my brows and under my eyes to help stop my concealer creasing.
- Using a CARA flat foundation brush I applied my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) all over my face and down onto my neck, I used my RT complexion sponge to blend the foundation in.
- To help cover the bags under my eyes I used the peach shade from my NYX corrector palette, I applied the product with my fingers and blended it with my sponge.
- I didn’t use a concealer today, I just used my foundation purely because the coverage is great.
- With a fluffy brush I dusted my face powder (MAC studio fix) all over the eye up to my brows.
- The first colour I used on the eye was Naked, with a blending brush I applied it into my crease and above, this is my transition colour to help blend the darker shades. This doesn’t need to be to neat because most of the colour will be covered.
- With a flat brush I applied Half Baked on the inside half of the eyelid, I blended the edges with the blending brush that has naked on it. Half baked shouldn’t come up past the crease. On the outer corner of the eye I applied smog and blended it into the crease. Again using Naked I blended any harsh edges.
- I applied Half Baked in the inner corner and under the bottom lash line. I applied Smog on the outer corner of the bottom lash line.
- I lined my top waterline and across my lash line with a black liner. I smudged the liner in using Creep on a small brush. I applied a green eyeliner on my bottom waterline just to add a little difference. (A black or brown would work just as well)
- I applied Virgin on my brow bone and on the inner corner towards the bridge of my nose to brighten the area up.
- I curled my lashes and added plenty of mascara.
- I used a pencil through my brows, brushing the product through using a spoolie. (Excuse my brows!!)
- I set my face using a powder foundation (I love full coverage to hide my redness and pigmentation) I used MAC studio fix NW20 again using a duo fibre brush.
- I contoured using Maybelline master sculpt using the CT sculpting brush. I applied my contour under my cheekbones, around the corners of my forehead and under my jaw.
- Using the CT sculpt brush I applied my favourite highlight MAC Soft & Gentle.
- The blush I used was Sleek Rose Gold, I only wanted I light blush so I used a small duo fibre brush, this blush is shot through with gold which complemented the eye eyeshadow.
- Now onto that beautiful red lip. I love a red ombre lip to achieve this I used MAC Ruby Woo lip pencil all over the lip, I filled in the whole lip using this colour. I then applied Sleek Blackberry lip pencil on the outer corners in towards the centre of the lip. Using a lip brush I applied L’Oréal color riche 461 all over the lips, I then reapplied the darker lip pencil around the edges. I reapplied the lipstick and the darker lip pencil until I got the colour I was happy with.
As always I have linked every product I packed onto my face…..
Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin, Naked, Half Baked, Smog & Creep)
Soap & Glory Archery Pencil Hot Chocolate
L’Oréal Color Riche 461 Scarlett Crème